BUTTERFLY PEA

Manfaat Bunga Telang                
Butterfly Pea or Clitoria Ternatea or blue pea, I knew this plant from IG account @martani and fell in love with its blue color. Knowing that Martani also sell the Telang tea and its seed I decided to buy both the tea and seed. Within two days I accepted the telang packages and planted the seeds ASAP. Since I don't have any spaces around my house, I just planted in a small plastic pot. What a magic, the plant grew very fast and within 2 and a half months I saw some bright blue flower bloomed. I was grateful and can wait to see more flowers so that I can harvest them and make something with them.


                Well, FYI actually before I could harvest this Telang flower I had tried to make Telang tea with the dried Telang that I bought from Martani. When I tasted the drink, it didn't taste nor smell anything. Then I added some drops of lemon water and voila.....the blue color changed into purple, and it's so pretty and tasted good. My son loved it, so did I.
 I will tell you some recipes how to use Telang flower.
Magic Telang Tea
 First, prepare 5-10 fresh or dried telang flowers, the more you put the flower the stronger you will get the blue color, make sure they are clean. Then, put them into a glass and pour some hot water. Remove the flower when the water has changed into blue. Add some honey or sugar and then the last step is to slowly add 3-5 drops of lemon water. You can leave it slide slowly or Stir it evenly and purple Telang tea is ready to drink.

Blue Young Coconut Drink
First, prepare 5-10 fresh or dried telang flowers, the more you put the flower the stronger you will get the blue color, make sure they are clean. Then, put them into a glass and pour some hot water. Leave it. Remove the flower when the water has changed into blue. Put this telang water aside. Then prepare one Degan or young coconut, pour its water into a big bowl and remove the soft and moist coconut with spoon or bottle cap. Put the coconut into the bowl, add syrup or sugar if you like (I usually skip this syrup or sugar).Then  Pour the telang water you have already prepared very slowly. The blue color will remain at the top and slide down very slowly.

Blue Rice
Do the first step to get telang water and put it aside. Prepare one kilo of rice, wash them and put them in the magic com pot, add some telang water (or you can just put 20 telang flowers), salt, bay leaf, galangal, coconut milk (of one coconut), and citronella. Cook it for 30 minutes and blue rice is ready to serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indonesian Vegetables

A Magic Leaf Called 'Sambung Nyawa'

Khasiat Daun Pulutan